January 10, 2017
Senior Retail Designer (Detroit)
What would it be like to be a Senior Designer at GH+A?
As a Senior Designer at GH+A, you would have the best of both worlds. You would get to tap into your creative juices to contribute to the design direction of projects as well as hone your leadership skills within a dynamic team structure. It never gets boring at our office with the support of an extraordinary team, managing multiple projects at any given time and making sure they respect GH+A’s quality standards, budgets and timelines. You would be under the supervision of a Project Director with whom you would work closely to ensure everything runs smoothly and to encourage positive team energy.
You’re interested but you would like to know about the role and responsibilities?
Here are some of them!
- Contribute your knowledge of retail design trends and creative direction to the projects;
- Work closely with the Design team to translate concepts, sketches and/or verbal communications into design documents (2D and 3D)
- Prepare working drawings and assist with specifications for interior construction, space planning, materials, finishes, furniture, fixtures, lighting and millwork;
- Manage the project within projected budgets and deadlines, providing accurate information for invoicing to the Project Director
- Collaborate with external consultants on the projects (architects, general contractors, engineers, suppliers, etc…)
- Collaborate closely with our Project Directors to ensure appropriate workloads, staffing, and that projects are quality controlled;
- Ensure effective communication internally and externally: negotiating, influencing client decisions, giving creative direction to the team and status reports
- Supervise and mentor a team of intermediate and junior designers and foster their development;
- Provide a stimulating and positive working team environment.
*Domestic and international traveling may be required
What are our “must haves” for this position?
Education and Experience
- Graduate from a minimum 3 year design program (interior or architectural)
- 8 years of proven retail design experience
- Ability to multitask while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven aptitude to solve problems
- Possess a thorough understanding of the retail industry
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Conceptualization through sketching and illustration
- Computer skills, proficient in CAD, Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch-Up, 3DMax, Office suite
- Capacity to read architectural documents
- Bilingual - written and oral
- Positive and professional
- Natural leader
- Team oriented
- Excellent communicator
So what does GH+A stand for?
We stand for vital, engaging retail environments designed to yield exceptional and measurable results. We stand for the power of design to move people.
Since 1985, GH+A has evolved into one of North America’s leading retail design firms. With the combined expertise of our Montreal and Detroit offices, we’re adept at managing projects around the world.
Our out-of-the-box approach to retail design focuses on creating dynamic environments including stores, shopping centres and retail master planning projects, as well as the strategic positioning of the brand image of each space.
Why should you join GH+A?
We are passionate about design, lavishly creative and energetic, ambitious and talented. Our hard work and talent has been combined to create beautiful offices with a modern loft inspiration, complimented by luminous lighting and warm greetings. Our downtown location for both our Montreal and Detroit offices makes it easily accessible.
We offer competitive salary rates, group insurance, profit sharing and above all, a work environment that guarantees quality work, an engaging and social environment, talented colleagues and lastly, a place of fun!
Imagine the possibilities!
Send your resume and portfolio at email@example.com