January 6, 2017
Architectural Illustrator (3D or 2D) (Montréal & Detroit)
What would it be like to be an Architectural Illustrator at GH+A?
As an Architectural Illustrator, you would work in close collaboration with both the design team and rendering team. The ideal candidate has a good understanding of volumes, compositions and colors. He or she enjoys working in a team, is flexible and accepts the changes that occur during production.
You're interested but you would like to know the role and responsibilities?
Here are some of them!
- Work closely with the design team and the 3D rendering team to illustrate the design concepts
- Follow artistic guidance from the Project Director with regards to the design direction
- Be autonomous and propose new solutions
What are our must-haves for this position?
Education and experience
- A relevant and convincing portfolio
- University or college degree in illustration, graphics, 3D, design, architecture or equivalent training
- A solid experience or a real talent
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop
- Knowledge of 3D model computer programs and tools (3ds Max, Sketchup)
- Solid artistic skills (understanding of colour, composition and lighting)
- Expertise and a marked interest in any of the following fields is a major asset: retail design, interior design, industrial design, architecture
- Initiative and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and with short deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Take charge of assigned tasks and follow-up on projects
- Bilingual (asset)
- Positive and professional
- Natural leader
- Excellent communicator
So what does GH+A stand for?
We stand for vital, engaging retail environments designed to yield exceptional and measurable results. We stand for the power of design to move people.
Since 1985, GH+A has evolved into one of North America's leading retail design firms. With the combined expertise of our Montreal and Detroit offices, we're adept at managing projects around the world.
Our out-of-the-box approach to retail design focuses on creating dynamic environments including stores, shopping centres and retail master planning projects, as well as the strategic positioning of the brand image of each space.
Why should you join GH+A?
We are passionate about design, lavishly creative, energetic, ambitious and talented. Our hard work and talent has been combined to create beautiful offices with a modern loft inspiration, complemented by luminous lighting and warm greetings. The downtown location of both our Montreal and Detroit offices makes them easily accessible.
We offer competitive salary rates, group insurance, profit sharing and above all, a work environment that guarantees quality work, an engaging and social environment and talented colleagues!
Imagine the possibilities!
Send your resume and portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. Don't forget to attach a PDF of your portfolio showing your best 5-10 projects.